Hillhouse Burrough McKeown Lawyers was formed in 1991 by the merger of two established firms, Hillhouse Burrough & Whitton with Shaw McKeown Bowers Solicitors. Brisbane was the home of both firms and the partners of both firms were solicitors who have always practised law in Brisbane. Both firms had a similar culture focusing on small to medium business and the needs of individuals and their families.
Since formation Hillhouse Burrough McKeown has grown to service clientele of all sizes, from individuals through to Australian and overseas listed companies.
Hillhouse Burrough McKeown Lawyers provide a full range of legal services to meet the needs of it’s clients.
Hillhouse Burrough McKeown Lawyers provide a full range of services including the areas of Conveyancing, Corporations Law, Family Law, Estate Planning (including making and contesting Wills), Employment Law, Insolvency, Intellectual Property, Litigation, Management Rights, Property Law and Tourism and Hospitality (including Motels, Caravan Parks & Hotels).
Rather than merely providing an interpretation of the Law and leaving you to your own devices, we provide legal advice while being aware of your commercial objectives.
Our lawyers also practice across multiple areas and take a collaborative approach to each matter to ensure that we can provide you with comprehensive advice on any issues that may arise during your matter.
We are centrally located in the Brisbane CBD at Level 7, 102 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, Queensland. which is next to King George Square.
We are close to the Brisbane Law Courts, easy to find and easy to get to by car or public transport. Brisbane City Hall car park is next to our building and the Brisbane Transport Centre is a short walk down Adelaide Street.
How we do business
- Insight – Insight, experience and up‑to‑the‑minute legal skills are offered to all clients.
- Keeping you informed – Information is vital. We provide practical advice as to how the law affects a business in its daily operations.
- To budget – Using the client’s budget framework we provide practical solutions.
- Three dimensional viewing – We view issues from every angle.
- Personal touch – We take a real and active interest in our clients and their businesses.
- Skills and experience – Skills plus experience equals = valuable legal solutions.
- Ethics are paramount – For us, ethical practice is the first priority.
We seek balance in our working lives. While making sure our client’s needs are met we also maintain a good work/life balance allowing plenty of time for community, family, friends and recreation. This distinguishes us from most other firms of solicitors.
Brisbane is our base and while we provide services to clients from all over Australia. At Hillhouse Burrough McKeown Solicitors Brisbane we know a calm, focused approach is the best way for us and our clients.
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Recommend / Like Us on Facebook: