Helping to Buy, Sell, Lease and Protect PropertyHillhouse has been helping corporations, businesses, and individuals with the legal aspects of buying, selling, leasing and protecting property within Australia for more than 20 years.
- Buying an off-the-plan unit in Queensland
- Buying and selling a business in Australia
- Buying off-the-plan management rights
- Commercial leasing
- Commercial property transactions
- Conveyancing in Queensland
- Land Resumption Claims
- Retail shop leases in Queensland
How Property Law works in AustraliaIn Australia, all property dealings are covered by the Torrens Title system which means that each State Government in Australia holds a register of the land holdings within that State and transactions affecting that land. Each piece of property is recorded on a title. That title sets out the owner of the land and all other interests affecting that land such as leases and mortgages. If an interest is not recorded on the title, subject to some very limited exceptions, a subsequent owner of the land does not have to recognise those interests.
Frequently Asked Questions about Property Law:Below are a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Property Law.
- Can the government resume my land?
- Who can claim for compensation relating to a land resumption?
- What are the legal costs when claiming compensation for resumed land?
- What is the difference in the conveyancing process between Queensland & New South Wales
- How do I recover money from my tenant?
- What are the elements of a contract?
Property Law Tips:Below are a list of tips related to Property Law.
Property Law Case Studies:
- Understanding discretionary powers gains stamp duty refund
- Business awarded compensation due to road widening
Talk to one of our Property Law experts:
- David Burrough, Partner, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6112
- Craig Hong, Partner, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6120
- Michael Morris, Associate, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6122
- David Adolphe, Special Counsel, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6124