Helping to Buy, Sell, Manage, and Protect Tourism & Hospitality AssetsHillhouse Burrough McKeown have helping clients around Australia to buy, sell, manage, and protect Tourism & Hospitality assets specifically Hotels, Motels, Caravan Parks, accommodation industry franchises and management rights.
- Accommodation Industry Franchises
- Buying a caravan park
- Buying off-the-plan management rights
- Buying or selling a hotel / pub in Queensland
- Buying or selling a motel in Australia
- Landlord's consent to transfer of motel lease
How Tourism & Hospitality Law works in AustraliaAcross the States there are many different Acts and Regulations that regulate and affect Tourism and Hospitality Law. Each State can have different processes and requirements for areas that may affect the industry including gaming and liquor laws, franchising, employment law, the purchase and sale of freehold land and the purchase and sale of leasehold businesses such as hotels, motels, pubs and caravan parks.
Our extensive experience in this industry over the past two decades is invaluable in helping to guide and assist you smoothly through your transaction. We have acted in transactions involving properties from Darwin to Hobart.
We also have broad ranging experience in advising clients involved in landlord/tenant disputes.
We have developed relationships with a large number of related industry providers, including accountants, financiers, commercial property agents and industry bodies, and are able to provide clients with more practical commercial legal advice.
With the ever changing advances in technology, legislative reform and competition in the market place, we look forward to continuing to provide adaptable, efficient service and working with you to meet the needs of the industry.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tourism & Hospitality Law:Below are a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Tourism & Hospitality Law.
- How is the rent for a motel lease set and reviewed?
- What should be included in a motel lease?
- What issues should be considered when buying a leasehold motel?
- What are management rights?
- Who is responsible for repairs & maintenance under a motel lease?
- What are the landlords obligations under a motel lease in Queensland?
- How does one ensure that the sale of a motel is GST free?
- What is the impact of using the lease as security when acquiring a motel?
- What are motel lessors allowed and not allowed to do?
- What are the motel tenant's rights if a landlord chooses to sell?
Tourism & Hospitality Law Tips:Below are a list of tips related to Tourism & Hospitality Law.
- Five cornerstones for negotiating the purchase of a motel
- Draft the "Subject to Finance" clause carefully when selling a motel
- Settlement checklist for buying a motel
Talk to one of our Tourism & Hospitality Law experts:
- David Burrough, Partner, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6112
- Danette Beverstock, Paralegal, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6106
- Geoff Neilsen, Special Counsel, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6135
- Maureen Winston, Paralegal, Brisbane. Phone: (07) 3228 6140