Empathetic legal support for individuals and families
For over 20 years, Hillhouse Burrough McKeown has been supporting individuals and families in Queensland through the legal process.
Legal proceedings can be an emotional and stressful experience. Hillhouse Burrough McKeown works closely with our clients to ensure that they understand the process so that they can make the best decision to protect their legal interests.
We provide family law advice along with other support for individuals such as business, litigation and employment issues.
We also have a dedicated wills and estates team who can advise on your succession planning or contesting a will.
We commonly assist Families and Individuals in the following situations:
- Disputing Child Custody Arrangements
- Entering into a Surrogacy Arrangement in Queensland
- Applying for a Divorce
- Making an unfair dismissal claim
- Buying and selling a business in Australia
- Buying or selling a hotel / pub in Queensland
- Buying or selling a motel in Australia
- Conveyancing in Queensland
- Initiating or responding to Court Application for parenting orders and property orders
- Personal Injuries
- Contesting a Will
- Parenting Orders
- Life insurance and TPD policies
- Negotiating and finalising a private Child Support Agreement
Families and Individuals often ask us the following questions:
- Am I entitled to equal time with my child?
- Am I entitled to half of the property settlement in a divorce?
- Is property settlement different if I am in a de facto relationship?
- What is a Family Provision Application?
- What is equal shared parental responsibility?
- What is Spousal Maintenance and can I get it?