Comprehensive legal assistance for professionals
For in excess of 20 years, Hillhouse Burrough McKeown has been supporting Queensland based professionals with easy to understand and comprehensive legal advice. Professionals commonly assisted include doctors, accountants, dentists, engineers, physiotherapists, town planners, consultants, and architects.
We commonly assist Professionals in the following situations:
- Establishing professional services contracts
- Contracting with large companies
- Defending against professional negligence claims
- Debt recovery
- Trade mark applications
- Business structuring
- Business succession planning and insurance
- Buying and selling a business in Australia
- Buying and selling shares in a company operating a business
- Buying and selling units in a unit trust
- Commercial leasing
- Defending an unfair dismissal claim
- Disputes between shareholders, unit holders or partners in a business
- Drafting workplace policies and procedures
- Life insurance and TPD policies
- Protecting your trade mark
- Shareholder Agreements
- Startups and venture capital
- Workplace Relations
Professionals often ask us the following questions:
- Do I have protection without a Trade Mark?
- What business assets can be copyrighted?
- How can shareholder disputes be resolved?
- How do buy/sell insurance agreements work?
- What are the elements of a contract?
- What are the rights of minority shareholders?
- What is a creditor’s statutory demand for payment of debt?
- What is a patent?
- What is a trade mark?
- What is copyright?