Providing commercial legal options to small to medium enterprises
For more than 20 years, Hillhouse Burrough McKeown has been assisting small to medium sized enterprises in both regional and metropolitan regions within Queensland and other areas of Australia.
We commonly assist Small to Medium Enterprises in the following situations:
- Buying and selling a business in Australia
- Dealing with insolvent corporations
- Protecting your trade mark
- Drafting workplace policies and procedures
- Business structuring
- Drafting employment contracts
- Buying and selling shares in a company operating a business
- Buying and selling units in a unit trust
- Disputes between shareholders, unit holders or partners in a business
- Business succession planning and insurance
Small to Medium Enterprises often ask us the following questions:
- Do I have protection without a Trade Mark?
- How long does copyright last?
- How do buy/sell insurance agreements work?
- What are the rights of minority shareholders?
- What is a creditor’s statutory demand for payment of debt?
Legal aspects for Small to Medium Enterprises to look out for:
Case studies of interest for Small to Medium Enterprises:
Our Small to Medium Enterprises Specialist